The Synchrolock-AP is used to accurately synchronise two Mira or Vitara-T lasers together, or to synchronise a Mira or Vitara-T to an external RF source. Operating in the femtosecond or picosecond (Mira only) regime, the Synchrolock-AP allows smooth tuning while keeping the lasers synchronised.
The Synchrolock-AP uses the 9th harmonic content of the photodiode signal to provide a higher signal-to-noise ratio, which leads to tighter jitter lock. In this way Synchrolock-AP provides extremely low jitter while ensuring long-term stability.
- The Synchrolock-AP accessory locks the pulse repetition rate of one "slave" Mira or Vitara-T laser to another "master" Mira or Vitara-T laser, or to a "master" external RF source
- Femtosecond (Mira and Vitara-T) and/or picosecond (Mira only) operation
- Three cavity length actuators provide jitter stabilisation over a broad bandwidth and large dynamic range
- User adjustable delay between locked pulse trains of up to 13ns with around 22fs resolution (for 2 76MHz cavity)
- Simple fibreoptic coupling of slave output beam to the Synchrolock-AP detection system results in minimal losses and ease of use