The erbium doped fibres feature low background loss and excellent spool-to-spool uniformity. High quality and repeatability are guaranteed by thorough test and measurement capabilities. Custom designed erbium products are also available.
The EDF-T15 is an ultra-high-concentration erbium-doped fibre, used in L-Band amplifiers and in ultra-short pulse fibre lasers. Coherent Inc's unique proprietary doping method provides a number of measureable advantages.
- High erbium concentration for L-band amplifiers and for reduction fo non-linear effects in high-power lasers
- Excellent efficiency due to highly homogeneous glass matrix, even for high erbium concentration
- Low splice losses
- Optimised splice loss recipes provided for client's fusion slicer
- Low OH content (<0.25ppm)
The EDF-T16 erbium-doped fibre is designed for L-Band erbium-doped fibre amplifiers (EDFA's) that operate out at 1610nm. The higher erbium peak absorption levels of this fibre help contain design costs by reducing the amount of fibre needed within an EDFA.
- Optimised for use in L-Band EDFA's
- High erbium peak absorption levels
- Low background loss
- Engineered to minimise FWM
The EDF-T9 is an all purpose erbium-doped fibre, currently used as the EDF work-horse in a wide variety of amplifier designs.
- Gain spectrum can be matched to EDFA maker's gain-flattening-filter, or to other EDF's
- Excellent efficiency due to highly homogenous glass matrix
- Waveguide parameters chosen for low noise-figure, suppressed four-wave mixing and suppressed signal ESA