Chameleon Discovery is an ultrafast tunable laser with performance that truly redefines possibilities for non-linear imaging.
A combination of high average power across a wide tuning range (680nm to 1300nm) and short pulses delivered right to the sample plane enables deep in-vivo excitation of all popular fluorescent probes, like eGFP and YFP. The long wavelength capabilities address perfectly the ongoing developments in RFPs andred-shifted calcium indicators. High peak power ensures optimised performance for label-free techniques such as SHG and THG.
- Automated hands free operation
- High average and high peak power for excelelnt fluorescent yield and efficiency
- GDD dispersion compensated output for optimised peak power at the sample plane
- Secondary output standard with high average power for multiwavelength imaging and optogenetics photoactivation
- Synchronised output pulse trains for CARS/SRS and wavelength mixing
- Industrial design for high uptime and reliability
A high power, 1040nm, secondary output further allows simultaneous, multi-wavelength excitation of multiple fluorescent markers or photoactivation of optogenetics probes. The two outputs of the laser have phase-locked pulse trains, enabling CARS and SRS microscopy.
As should be expected from every Chameleon laser, beam quality is exquisite, guaranteeing optimum axial resolution and efficient power transmission through the microscope optical system.
Chameleon Discovery is totally automated, with a simple interface that allows fast tuning and easy integration with commercial and home-built microscope systems. The rugged testing demanded by Coherent’s industrial design process ensures high system uptime and low maintenance.