The AOM130M series of gimbal mounts position optical components as large as 600 mm in diameter in both azimuth and elevation. The AOM130M mounts provide outstanding stability and sub-arc-second resolution for use in optics and laser experimentation in research or industrial laboratory settings.
- Standard models 152.4 mm through 609.6 mm optic diameters
- Precise positioning is ensured by sub-arc-second resolution capability
- Choose from a selection of stepping and servomotors
- Mounting holes are slotted to accommodate English or metric hole pattern
- Can be supplied prepared for use in vacuum
- Custom precision mounting designs are available for centering non-circular payloads on the gimbal
Precision Bearings Ensure Accuracy
The AOM130M's precision gimbal pivot ball bearings minimise backlash and reduce stiction. The mirror cell and azimuth bearing systems utilize high-quality preloaded angular contact bearings that permit fully-loaded operation in any orientation, including upside-down.
Excellent Positioning Capability
The AOM130M mounts possess desirable positioning characteristics including 0.75 arc sec unidirectional repeatability, negligible backlash and hysteresis that is typically better than 5 arc sec. The mechanical and thermal stabilities of the AOM130M series are excellent. The rigid castings employed help push resonant frequencies beyond 200Hz, and thermal stability is better than 2µrad/°C.
Highly Accurate Limits and Homing System
All AOM130M mounts are equipped with high accuracy limit switches. Combining the output of these switches and the motor's marker signal, Aerotech's motion controllers can position the AOM130M mounts to highly accurate home reference points, typically to within 0.001°.