Aerotech’s HEX RC is a high-performance, 6-axis motion controller ideal for controlling robotic systems like hexapods. The HEX RC is 4U high, rack-mountable, and compatible with the Automation 3200 (A3200) motion platform. A high-performance processor provides the intense computing power needed to run up to 32 axes, perform complex, synchronised motion trajectories, manipulate I/O, and collect data at high speeds.
- 4U high, rack-mount, six-axis controller for brush, brushless, and stepper motors
- Ideal for controlling six-axis robotic systems like hexapods
- Real-time A3200 distributed control architecture allows synchronized motion on up to 32 axes
- FireWire® or ASCII command interface via TCP/IP
- Optional integrated encoder multipliers for high resolution positioning and reduced integration complexity
- Optional six-axis jog pendant
- Program in native RS-274 G-code, AeroBasic command set, C, C++/CLI, .NET, MATLAB®, LabVIEW®, or IEC61131-3 (LD, FBD, ST) for the ultimate in programming flexibility
Powerful Control Architecture
The HEX RC features 6-axes of drives capable of controlling any combination of brush, brushless, or stepper motors. The HEX RC performs both current loop and servo loop closures digitally to ensure the highest level of positioning accuracy and performance. With the A3200 distributed control architecture, the HEX RC connects and controls up to 26 additional axes of servo, stepper, or piezo-driven stages.
Interface and Design Options
The HEX RC is designed with an ASCII command interface over TCP/IP for control in applications such as beamlines. Alternatively, the HEX RC can act as a master controller and control other A3200 external drives via the FireWire interface.