Mephisto is a family of solid-state lasers emitting up to 55W CW at 1064 nm, with other wavelengths and pulsed operation available as well. These lasers exhibit optical properties unmatched by any other product, like an output tunable over 30 GHz and with the extraordinarily narrow linewidth of about 1 kHz. Extremely low noise (-140 dB/Hz RIN) is another unique characteristic of these lasers.
Mephisto lasers are available at 1064 and 1319 nm with output power up to 2W. Mephisto S is a cost-effective version available only at 1064 nm with output power up to 0.5 W. Fibre coupling is available as an option.
Mephisto MOPA (pictured below right) lasers incorporate a Mephisto S oscillator followed by 1 to 4 stages of power amplification, pumped by fiber-coupled laser diode pump modules.
- Master Oscillator Power Amplifier (MOPA) configuration (Mephisto MOPA)
- Monolithic non-planar ring oscillator (NPRO) technology for ultra-stable and narrow linewidth
- Extremely long coherence length
- Active intensity noise reduction (Noise Eater)
- User-installed, turn-key operation
- Low-noise control electronics