BLM series motors are direct drive and consist of a noncontacting forcer and "U-channel" rare-earth magnet track. This design eliminates backlash, windup, wear and maintenance issues associated with ball screws, belts, and rack and pinions.
The noncontact design of the forcer and magnet track results in a maintenance-free system.
- High output force in an 86.4mm x 34.3mm cross section
- Continuous force to 397.6 N (89.4 lb); peak force to 1590.4 N (357.5 lb)
- High-energy rare-earth magnets used in magnet tracks for high acceleration capability
- Non-magnetic forcer provides high force with zero cogging for super-smooth velocity and position control
- Get details on our Order-to-Ship Program that could have this product shipped to you in one week
The compact forcer assembly contains Hall-effect devices, and a thermal sensor, and is constructed of reinforced ceramic epoxy. This ironless design eliminates eddy-current losses that otherwise would limit speed and produce additional heat. For highest rms force, optional air cooling is available. Offering high peak forces in its standard configuration, BLM motors are available with special high-power magnets that can increase output force.
The BLM series nonmagnetic forcer eliminates cogging and magnetic attraction to allow for extremely smooth motion and very tight velocity and position control. These linear motors are ideal for any application that requires high levels of positioning resolution and accuracy. BLM series linear motors are forgiving to align, easy to assemble, and keep the magnetic field well-contained. Magnet tracks are stackable for any travel length. They are also suited for cleanroom use as they produce no particulates.
The BLM can be driven using standard Aerotech brushless amplifiers and controllers to provide a complete integrated system.